Sunday, June 21, 2009

Something New

~

For some strange reason (probably because she is about to turn SEVEN in a matter of minutes), Reilly the Red has been regressing a bit.

I won't go into detail regarding her sinful behavior, but let's just say that we are walking down a road that we have walked before, and we have also started a journey we hadn't been expecting quite yet.

And that's all I have to say about that.

But I will tell you this:

Whenever Captain Jake Sparrow cries or screams, Reilly the Red screams at the top of her lungs,

"I DIDN'T DO ANYthing!"

Which means, of course, that she was the cause of the injury or insult.

My college diploma has been under my bed for eons.

I hung it up today.

She is always asking me how I know when she is lying, or how I know when she is sucking her thumb in another room, or how I know what she is thinking.

So now, all I have to do is point to my diploma, which clearly states that I have a degree in PSYCHOLOGY.

She asked me what psychology meant, and I told her that it meant that I know EVERYTHING.

She believes me.

For now.

~

1 comment:

  1. I had a great babysitter when I was a little girl. She was a wise college student who told me that when I told a lie a green line would appear on my tongue that only adults could see. If she thought I was lying she would tell me to stick out my tongue. She would then ask me if I was sure that was how the incident happened or what have you. I would 'fess up immediately. Riley the Red might be too old for this, but it still might work with the Captain!

    Want to hear something funny? My bachelor's degree is in Psychology with an emphasis in child development! I knew we got along for a reason!

    ReplyDelete