Thursday, June 25, 2009

Ga-RATE

~

Today, my oh-so-grateful-and-never-cranky SEVEN year old got a haircut.

As usual, Miss Theresa did a fabulous job, and Reilly the Red looks like a rockstar.

As I got out my wallet to pay for the haircut, Miss Theresa said, "Nope! It's my belated birthday gift to her!"

I thanked her most graciously, as did Reilly.

As we get in the car and Reilly shuts her door, she says, "Ga-RATE! Now I have to write another damn thank-you note."

Oh the joys of parenthood.

~

3 comments:

  1. Good job, Hurricane! My mom made me write thank you notes too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She will appreciate you later that you made her write those. I know I appreciate my mom for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i say the same thing about them...i hate writing thank you notes!!

    ReplyDelete