Friday, July 31, 2009

Day Twenty - Sabbath



Today was our first day of rest in....

ten days?

twelve days?

How ever many days, we definitely needed it.

While Two-Fisted Chris and Mermaidelicious were off at work, slaving for the 'man', we slept in, stayed in our jammies all day, played with Two-Fisted Chris' computer and Wii games, played with Mermaidelicious' high efficiency washer/dryer, took naps, lounged on their super loungy couch, played with Roxy and Hurley, blogged, snacked, took naps.....

You get the picture.

You'll have to, because I didn't take any today!

Ha!

I guess the biggest story of the day was that when Two-Fisted Chris got home from work, he and I went out to pick up a few things from the store.

Apparently, Captain Jake Sparrow went into severe meltdown status as soon as we walked out the door.

Billy Two Swords wasn't really sure what it was all about, but tried his best to calm Jake down.

At that exact same time, Mermaidelicious arrived home from work.

The Captain ran upstairs, mid-meltdown.

Two Swords followed him.

Sparrow was totally flipped out that he couldn't calm down and stop crying.

He kept telling Two Swords:

"I can't go out there!"

"I can't settle down!"

"I can't let them see me like this!"

Finally, he settled down, and no one else even knew what was happening.

But I thought it was really cute how conscious he had become of his meltdown state.

He just may be showing a bit of personal growth!

No comments:

Post a Comment