Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Day Eight - Yibbidy Yibbidy Yibbidy

~

Today, the kids returned from a sleepover, shopping spree, and movie outing with their favorite Aunt B.

At bedtime, Captain Jake Sparrow had a million reasons why he couldn't go to sleep:

"Foofoo (his rabbit) just hada nightmare."

"I'm thirsty."

"Could I just watch a little bit of TV to help me settle down?"

The next day, when it was time for the Captain to go to the movies with his Cousin, Aunt B. asked him, "Jake, do you think you'll want popcorn at the movies?"

The Captain sighed.

He said, "I wish I had some money so I could buy some. But I don't." "Sigggggghhhhhh".

Aunt B. said, "Well, I think your Cousin is going to take care of that for you."

Sparrow: "Well, okay. Can I take Foofoo?"

Aunt B. "I don't think that would be such a good idea, Jake, because the movie is dark, and what if Foofoo gets lost, then he will miss you...."

Sparrow: "But.... but...... but......what happens when my Cousin has to go pee and he leaves me in the movies all by myself and it is dark and I get scared and I don't have Foofoo and a stranger sits next to me and starts to bother me?"

Cousin: "Jake! I would NEVER leave you!"

So when Aunt B. brought the pirates home, she said, AND I QUOTE,

"My God, that Jake can TALK!"

Yep.

After Aunt B. left, Jake was walking around his Grandma's house, and found a picture of his Cousin in his high school football uniform in a football shaped frame.

He asked Grandma if he could have it.

Of course she said Yes.

He carries it around with him everywhere that he goes now.

I think the Cousin Football Picture has replaced FooFoo in the hierarchy of the Captain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the Florida homefront:

Fred got fired.

Sort of.

And he almost got sent to Dog Jail.

For real.

We got a phone call from the temporary Fred-sitters that he was out of control, taking off into the street, scratching on glass doors, chewing holes in the walls, peeing all over people.

The neighbors of our Fred-sitters called Animal Control.

Thusly, Fred was fired from his temporary Fred-sitters, and nearly went to Dog Jail.

In a pinch, I called my Angel Jessi.

She agreed to come and stay at our house and watch Fred until our Angel Steffie got back from HER vacation.

I am in hock to my two Angels for a mani-pedi-lunch date, but it has definitely been worth it.

Fred is now back 'home'.

Whew.

1 comment:

  1. I'll second that talking thing. The best is when he just keeps going even when no one is listening. It just turns into a humming noise in the background!

    ReplyDelete