Friday, July 10, 2009

Day Ten - Groundhog Day



Groundhog Day for me.....this is my birthplace. Not my home, but I have roots here.




Billy Two Swords is getting really good at taking pictures! Do you think it was a coincidence that he snapped a photo of me with a menu in front of my face that says "Eat, Drink, Be Happy"???
I think he may have a future as a scrapbooker!



And he even blurred the background on this one - MckMama style!



We rode the Monongahela Incline up to the Mushrooms at Mount Washington. (for those of you unfamiliar with the 'burgh, just Google it).

And this is Two Swords' fourth attempt at a picture with me and my pirate children overlooking my birthplace, with Heinz Field in the background.


Of course, Sparrow refused to cooperate.

Just because.

Later, we met up with some Pittsburgh Pirates.

This is a picture of Dred Pirate Scott.

He and the lovely Miss Donna (she's too nice to have a pirate name), treated us to the Sto-Rox street fair. My kids have never been to such an event.

Dred Pirate Scott is making this face because he just learned that the Sto-Rox street fair did not sell beer.

In addition to enjoying the company of the Pittsburgh Pirates, and riding cool rides at the Sto-Rox street fair, Reilly the Red enjoyed a caramel apple.

Until she lost a tooth.

Then the day became even more eventful for her.


Captain Jake Sparrow wasn't tall enough to ride very many rides, but he was able to go through the Funny Farm. (I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried).


WIPEOUT!

And yes, his shoe came off.


When all was said and done, and we said goodnight to the Pittsburgh Pirates, and got all tucked in to our beds in our very nice hotel room, we gathered as a family to pray, and talk about what parts of the day were our favorites.

Keep in mind, there were stadiums and arenas and really tall buildings, and lots and lots of bridges, and tunnels, and eating by the river, and rides, inclines that went up a big mountain, and a lost tooth, and Pittsburgh Pirates, and corn dogs, and Sno-cones, and caramel apples, and.....

when Captain Jake Sparrow was asked, "Hey Jake, what was YOUR favorite part of the day?"

He rubs his chin, deep in thought.

"When we saw that groundhog."

Sigh.

~

No comments:

Post a Comment