Saturday, January 3, 2009

Skeels

We went to Sea World the other day to use up our fun passes that expired on 12/31.

It was a spontaneous thing, decided late at night.

It was a fine day. No one got injured, sick, arrested, etc.

Afterwards, we went out to lunch.

Everyone was tired, hungry, cranky, etc.

A perfectly typical response to a theme park day.

Little Miss Sassy was running her antagonistic piehole as usual. (no, not me, the other one).

I told her that I had just decided what she was going to be when she grew up - a lawyer.

And Billy Two Swords agreed with me.

And she said, "How do you know I'm going to be a lawyer?"

And we both responded, "Because we said so."

And then she was asking what kind of skills a lawyer had.

So we ticked off the following: smart, mouthy, great taste in shoes, pretty, not afraid of boys, great hair, likes to read, likes school, popular, sassy, uses big words, good at arguing....

And she said, "Okay. I'll be a lawyer."

Captain Jake Sparrow, who had been listening intently while dumping pizza sauce in his lemonade and 'pretend' drawing on the seat booth, offered the following summation:


"I got NO skeels. None. Not one."

2 comments:

  1. Which is why he'll make a great mayor one day - that and his cute smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm telling you, this kid is a genius.

    ReplyDelete