Thursday, August 20, 2009

Aunt Jodi

~
Last night, I had a Deacon's Meeting, and needed assistance with child care, since Two Swords is still in a galaxy far, far away.

My dearest friend Miss Karen (you know, the one who BLESSED me with the AMISH bread, and who absolutely did NOT return any of the pizazz items I forced her to buy?) gladfully watched the kids for me at her house during my 90 minute meeting.

I presented the pirates to Miss Karen and Mr. Bill (aka Red Plaid Shirt with No Hair), with a bag containing their somewhat healthy dinner (lunchables, Go-gurts, apples), and told her that she could give them whatever else she wanted to give them in terms of candy, ice cream, whatever.

Miss Karen is an excellent mother of a soon-to-be college student, and I trust her implicitly in every single area of my life, be it my checkbook, my computer, my home, my healthcare, my prayer needs, my children.

But I learned something about Miss Karen last night.

Miss Karen gave my children......

wait for it.............

at 730 pm.................

wait for it............................

two children who are already a bit insomniacal............................

wait for it.......................................................................................................

two children who are not at all hyperactive and bouncing off the walls crazy...............

wait for it.......................................................................................................................................

BROWN

SODA!

Yep.

The kind with sugar.

Oh yeah.

And with Caffeine.

And upon learning this, I channeled Kate Gosselin.

Just for a second.

Does this video ring a bell?

Yes, Miss Karen has become poor Aunt Jodi.

But I still love her.

And I think she still loves me.

Oh, and my kids DEFINITELY love her.

In fact, Reilly the Red loves Miss Karen/Aunt Jodi so much, that she walked to the end of Miss Karen/Aunt Jodi's driveway and said she would rather get hit by a car than have to go home with her MOTHER, aka Kate Gosselin.

~

4 comments:

  1. ROFLMAO.

    My wonder MIL does that to me all the time. Don't you love that. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of these code names :) and the beard too.

    This post made me smile.
    :)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I wasn't allowed to have caffeine until I was about fourteen years old. I can only imagine what it does to your pirates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait! You left out the part where I let them run through my house and use the inflatable referee punching bag as a battering ram, for which the Captain made a great shield.
    And if it's any consolation, my back has made it difficult for me to sleep for the past two nights. Apparently I'm out of practice swinging pirates around and wrestling with them.
    I love you and your pirates!! (And now that we know brown beverages are off limits we'll stick with the cider.) :-P

    ReplyDelete