Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Moses

~




I have a new favorite thing to do.

On Sundays after church, on the very short ride home, I absolutely LOVE to ask the Captain what he learned in Sunday School.

And believe me, friends, you just NEVER know what you're going to get.

As you can tell from the beautiful watercolor drawing and title above, Jake learned about Moses.

This is the Gospel of Moses, According to Captain Jake Sparrow:


Moses was sent upside down, down the river.

There was a flashing tornado.

A storm.

Black rain.

While he was in the river, Moses made himself a Tootsie Roll gun.

'Cuz he knew he was going to be riding around for awhile.

And 'cuz he knew he was going to be hungry.

So he made this cool Tootsie Roll gun and he shot the Tootsie Rolls into his mouth,

every time he was hungry, one at a time.

There were bells playing.

Moses was in a basket.

You see, he was in this basket, because he was a baby.

His Mommy put him there.

There was a mean king. I mean an EVIL, mean King.

You know what EVIL means, Mommy? It means MEAN!

Another lady found Moses in the river.

And you know what?

She was going to be his Mommy again like she was the first time.

And Moses was going to be her son forever.



Ladies and gentlemen, with the exception of adding italics and punctuation, this is the story my four year old son told me about his Moses Sunday School lesson.

And I couldn't be more thrilled!

Heckfire, even if he did add the Tootsie Roll gun!

If I was stuck in a basket for a long ride in a river with a tornado and black rain, I'd probly want some Tootsie Rolls to keep me company, too!

I love the Captain!

~

3 comments:

  1. The story of Moses will never be the same for me again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable. I say, tootsie roll gun or not, at least he is learning about the Bible. That is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I have a just turned 3 year old girl and I ask the same question after her Sunday morning classes...I usually get about 3 or 4 sentences that she thought were worth remembering (that most of the time come at least close to what the lesson was) and then we spend 10 minutes talking about the candy the teachers passed out. She has not yet connected the Bible stories she is learning with the Tootsie Rolls but I suppose that may be coming! =)

    ReplyDelete