Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Does THIS Scare You?

~

So Captain Jake Sparrow arrived home from school yesterday.

He walks in the door.

And this is how he greeted me.

He stood there.

With left arm outstretched.

And a bandaged pinky extended away from the rest of his fingers.

Didn't say hello.

Didn't hug me.

Didn't throw down his backpack and demand a lollipop.

Nope.

He stood there.

And he screamed very loudly:

"Does THIS scare you?"

By THIS he meant his bandaged pinky.

Two Swords cracked up.

I told Jake, that No, his bandaged pinky did not scare ME, but did it scare HIM?

And then he unleashed with the drama of the scary, bandaged pinky.

His BFF, Blayden, stepped on his finger whilst going down the slide.

Near fatal injury, I know.

When I took the bandage off to clean it up and put on another, I saw that yes indeed, the injury would have hurt, and would probably hurt for days and mistakenly muttered, "Man, Blayden did a number on your finger."

And that's all we heard for the rest of the night.

"Blayden did a NUMBER on my finger!"

"Hey Dad! Did you see the NUMBER Blayden did on my finger?"

"Mommy! The NUMBER Blayden did on my finger really hurts!"

Rewinding to his arrival at the homestead, I probably should have just said, "EWWWWWWWWWWW, Yes Jake! Your cut, bandaged finger scares me! EEEK! Stay away! Ooooooohhhhh I am soooooooooooooo scared!"

Note to self.

~

2 comments:

  1. Kid stories always have a way of bringing a smile to my face....and today I needed this.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete