Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Leprechaun

~

So.

At the Terrific Kid award 'ceremony' on Friday for the Sparrow, we bumped into his teacher, Mrs. S.

She was beaming when she said, "So let me tell you what your little Irishman did this week!"

Lord have mercy, Christ have mercy, Lord have mercy.

That's what went through my Catholic-indoctrinated head.

It happens a lot, especially when a Jake 'issue' is about to be revealed or has revealed itself and I am preparing myself to 'deal' with said issue.

Anyhoo.

Apparently, the class was studying new words.

One of the words was "J I G".

A lot of 5 and 6 year old voices muttered, "J I G?  What the heck is a J I G?"

And then my little leprechaun JUMPED out of his chair and said, "I know!  I know!  I know!"

And then proceeded to the front of the class where he performed his own version of an Irish jig.

Mrs. S said it was clearly an Irish jig, not some crazy pretend dance just to get attention.

I have no idea where he learned how to do an Irish jig.

Unless......it was from a Lucky Charms commercial.

Yeah.

That would also explain his recent ramblings of , "they're magically DEE-LISH-USS!"

~

No comments:

Post a Comment