Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Old Men Don't Send Emails

~

So.

The other day, the Captain and I were on our way to pick up Reilly the Red from one of her 10,000 musical activities she's involved in.

I told the Captain that his baseball practice got cancelled.

Ugh.

Bad idea.

"Oh yeah?  How do YOU know it got cancelled, huh?"

Well, Jake, I KNOW, because your coach sent Daddy an email."

"WHAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

What's your problem, Jake?

"My COACH is an OLD MAN!  He's a GRANDPA!"

Ummm.  Okay, yes, perhaps he is an oldER gentleman, and yes, he is a Grandpa, soooooo?

"MOM!  OLD MEN do NOT send EMAILS!"

Whoa.

Ummm, Jake, sure they do.  Lots of people send emails.

"HMPHHH.  None of MY Grandpas ever sent NO EMAILS."

Correct.

"I can't BELIEVE my GRANDPA coach knows how to send EMAIL!  I just can't believe it!  This is crazy!  It's just ridiculous, Mom!  Who taught him how to do that, huh?"

Sigh.

Just wait til Jake hears that the "Old Man Grandpa Coach" has issued yet another email mandating that all team communication will now be via texting.

And this family doesn't text.

Jake's gonna have to teach us how, I guess.

~

No comments:

Post a Comment