Monday, February 22, 2010

Not Me! Monday

 


I do NOT pride myself on having a pretty decent fashion sense.

Nope.

Not me.

I do NOT 'know' my own personal style very well.

Nope.

Not me.

I do NOT try to look my best when going places other than, McDonalds or the grocery store.

Nope.

Not me.

I have NOT had a little bit of a struggle lately with my weight.

Nope.

Not me.

I have NOT experienced a steroid-induced puffy weight gain that makes me look like a Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade balloon.

Nope.

Not me.

When dressing for church yesterday, I did NOT realize that NONE of my black pants fit me.

Nope.

Not me.

I did NOT play bells in church yesterday, which did NOT necessitate the wearing of black pants.

Nope.

When faced with the prospect of having NO black pants that fit, I did NOT start crying in my closet.

No way.

That would NEVER happen.

And I absolutely, positively did NOT resort to wearing my black PILATES spandex exercise pants to CHURCH!

UNthinkable.

That could NOT have happened.

But it did.

I could NOT have worn exercise pants to WORSHIP!  Could I?

NO way.

NOT me.

And because I was NOT worked up about the pants and the weight and the balloonish buffoonery that has NOT become my body, I did NOT play the wrong bells for TWENTY FIVE measures, NOT once, NOT twice.  

NOT for two separate services.

This is NOT ludicrous.

I did NOT wear exercise pants to church!

And I did NOT play the same exact WRONG bells for the same exact TWENTY FIVE measures at two distinct performances, two hours apart.

Oh how I wish this were NOT true!

Exercise pants!  Wrong bells!  What a nightmare!

I must have dreamt it!

Yes?

NO.

I did NOT.

NOT me.

~Sigh~

~

9 comments:

  1. just so you know, I did not notice that you were wearing your pilates pants.. Honestly and seriously!! And, as you should know by now... only the bell choir notices when wrong bells are played (and even then, not all of them notice)- the congregation always hears something beautiful... so no worries my friend! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, friend. You could worry and despair over your pants and wrong bells or you can just be happy you made it there. We didn't make it to church Sunday morning because another pipe busted...WHAT!?! Seriously we had 50 degree weather Saturday. But it was in the 20's at night. Always something. But yesterday was gorgeous and it hit 65. Woohoo. And the yard was dry enough to walk in...amazing. I hoep you are feeling ok and I am glad to see a post from you. Is everything getting better from your treatment?

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you, sweet Nicole, thank you!
    Would you notice if I wore bell pants to Pilates, I wonder? :)
    It was just one of those horrible mornings/days that just kept getting worse. But alas, it is finally over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course you dd NOT do these things just like I did NOT not forget about your Brag and I did NOT work myself into a frenzy trying to find the one I promised you. I did NOT start work on another one only to NOT have the cat claw it to death. And I am NOT wishing you the best week ever.
    (I truly haven't forgotten you. I love you tons and promise I will have something out to you by the end of the week)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a rough day! But I will just let you know that I bought a pair of black yoga pants that I thought were regular black pants... and when I tried them on I loved the elastic waste and perfect length! It wasn't until I brought them home that I realized they were part of a two piece outfit. But I definitely still wore them to church the next day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you didn't take my comment the wrong way. it was supposed to be like dry humor but you know how hard it is to convey that in type...lol. I just read it again and it seems a little condescending. It wasn't meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh I have those clothe issues. Hey...I have seen some pretty snazzy pilates pants. I am sure noone noticed you played the wrong bells. I know I wouldn't have noticed. I have thought about wearing my black yoga pants to church a few times:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just popping in from Tribe Talk. Great blog you have here.
    ~Gay~
    itsahodgepodgelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really hope you don't mind the oh-so-random-stranger commenting: but this really made my day. I am happy to see you lived to tell us about it. You survived!! Now back to my war zone...LOL

    ReplyDelete