Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Holiday

~

We were having a lovely discussion with the children yesterday. Yes, they were MY children.

I mentioned that Reilly the Red doesn't have school next Monday, for Presidents' Day.

Captain Jake Sparrow wanted to know if 'he' had to go to school that day.

I thought for a minute, and then I said, "No Jake, you can stay home, and maybe we can do a family activity, just the four of us.

From the backseat, I heard a low, loud groan. I wasn't sure if it was human, or an engine malfunction.

And then it got louder.

I realized it was Reilly the Red's Eeyore impression - "EEEN - Unnnnnnh"

Which means, "Mom. I am seriously pissed off."

I asked her what was wrong.

She said, "WHY does Jake have to be off from school just because I'M off?"

I asked what the problem was?

Reilly the Red: "BECAUSE!!! It's my ONE day AWAY from HIM!"

So eloquently put, beautiful linguist daughter of mine.

So eloquently put.

~

1 comment:

  1. i feel that way sometimes, about my kids not having school...is that bad to say :) too funny!!

    (clicked over from the only girl, junita)

    ReplyDelete