Friday, July 1, 2016

Arby's

~

So.

I got takeout from the brand new Arby's in Clermont tonight. WOOT WOOT!!!  This town has been chomping at the bit for it to finally open!

Before I left, Jake said, "You know what I want, right?"

Me:  Yes. A plain Roast Beef sandwich with Curly Fries.

Jake:  Ok and NO ONIONS!

Me:  Dude, it's NOT McDonalds.  They don't have burgers. Just roast beef, chicken, and turkey sandwiches.

I left in the pouring Florida rain.

12 cars in line in front of me, 12 cars behind.

Got home in a much heavier rainstorm, dripping wet.

I got Jake's food ready for him, and allowed him to eat in front of the TV because it's Few Rules Friday and he "worked" so hard today, "helping" fix the roof by jumping off of it into the pool.

Whatevs.

He takes one bite of his plain Classic Arby's Roast Beef Sandwich and yells:

THIS IS NOTTTTT ROAST PULLED BEEF PORK!

Me:  ??????????

Jerk, I mean JAKE:  I WANTED that pulled roast beef pork sandwich with BBQ sauce on it that Dad makes!

Me:  Did you want beef OR pork?  Cuz they don't have pulled pork.  Only deliciously sinful synthetic beef.

Jake:  I THOUGHT you HEARD me CORRECTLY when you left!  THIS is not roast pulled beef pork!

Me:  You are correct. Beef comes from a cow, pork comes from a pig and Arby's comes from a laboratory.

JerkyJake:  I don't want anything from there EVER again!

Me:  Fine by me.

Jake:  Except their roast beef curly fries. I DO like those.

??????????????????????

~

3 comments:

  1. Reminds me of Catherine wanting potato chicken nuggets from Chick-fil-A's breakfast menu. (That would be hash browns to you and me and the rest of the world.)

    Anyway, that's just more synthetic beef (with Arby's Sauce(tm)) for the rest of us!

    Naturally, you do NOT want to give him one of their Jamocha shakes....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And if you want the fries to yourself (and why wouldn't you?), tell him they're deep fried worms. I'm sure you know the reference!

    ReplyDelete